What makes the Carpathia Kickers FC the right choice?
For more than seven decades, the Carpathia Kickers have been training Michigan's top players and squads. We nurture a fondness for the sport in our youthful athletes and grow that enthusiasm as they grow older. We instill a sense of pride in our individuals, our teams and our club.
Our organization promotes a setting that enables every player to savor the excitement of competition and involvement, and the endeavor of progression.
Thank you for your interest in our club's tryouts. The involvement of our organization in youth soccer has brought us many successes over the years. The Club has learned that clear, consistent communication is essential to success between its Teams, Coaches, Players, and Parents. Several recurring questions about tryouts and team registration have led to the creation of this player/parent handbook.
Carpathia is committed to developing each athlete. We look to aim for the total development of each player and the team. This includes Technical Skills, Tactical Knowledge, Physical Strength, Endurance, Confidence, Leadership, and Teamwork.
It is our goal to be recognized as a club that provides quality programming across all age groups, playing levels, and for consistently developing players of the highest level of skill and intelligence.
Michigan State Youth Soccer Association (MSYSA) has stated that tryouts will take place on June 10-11th, 2023 for the 2023-2024 season. We will communicate the following information before tryouts:
• Announce coaching assignments
• Announce Free Clinic dates and times
• Release team plans
• Communicate with individual families regarding next steps
What is the process for forming teams?
We will discuss our current player pool and next steps for their development with the coaching staff.
We have posted a link to the tryout registration page on our website. By registering online, players can show their interest in our programs by providing their name and birth date. Registration must be completed more than 24 hours before tryouts so waivers can be signed and your child's name appears at the check-in desk. The player should only be registered once. Do not click on the Add existing Participant button again once the participant has been imported or added. Players from other clubs as well as Carpathia Kickers FC will be able to participate in the clinics for free. Please refer to our birth year calendar for times and dates at “Open House or FREE Clinics – Carpathia Kickers FC.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to the posted start time and enter Macomb Town Center Park (54111 Broughton Rd., Macomb, MI 48042). Check-in will be at the designated Headquarters (please visit www.carpathiakickers.com for the tryout field map).
Players will be evaluated based on the USSF age group expectations as outlined by the USSF. The evaluators will assess each youth soccer player in terms of the 'Four Components of Soccer' in a manner suitable for their age group.
1. Technique: The ability to dribble, pass, receive, and shoot the ball under conditions of pressure is an essential skill for any soccer player. This requires a player to have excellent ball control, accuracy, and decision-making ability. It also requires that a player be able to react quickly and accurately to changes in the game environment. This is not something that can be learned overnight, but rather is a skill that must be developed over time through practice and repetition.
2. Tactics: Decision making with and without the ball is key to success on the soccer field. This requires players to think quickly and make decisions based on their assessment of the game situation. This is especially important in situations where time is limited and decisions must be made quickly and accurately. Tactics also involve understanding how to create space and move off the ball to create scoring opportunities.
3. Fitness: Speed, endurance, strength, power, and agility are all essential components of soccer fitness. Soccer requires players to be able to sprint, jump, and change direction quickly and efficiently. Players must also have the endurance to last for an entire game and have the strength and power to compete for the ball and make game-winning plays.
4. Psychology: Mental toughness and competitiveness are essential for soccer success. Players must have the ability to stay focused and motivated when the game gets tough and the pressure is on. They must also have the ability to stay positive and keep working even when things don't go their way. Having a strong mental game is just as important as having the physical skills to succeed on the soccer field.
Once the evaluation process has been conducted, the staff carefully considers the individual skills and abilities of each player before making a placement decision. It is their goal to ensure that every player is placed on a team that is commensurate with their abilities, so that they can have the opportunity to reach their full potential. Additionally, they also strive to create a balanced and competitive team environment, so that all players can have the best experience possible.
Please reach us at if you cannot find an answer to your question.
We would like for the child to attend both of the tryout dates so we can assess each player correctly.
There are make-up tryout dates available. Please refer to the Carpathia tryout schedule for more information. You don't have to worry if you missed the make-up tryout dates - it's still not too late! Please contact Carpathia for more information!
Teams’ roster sizes and ages may vary.
On the first day of tryouts, coaches will select players for their team, and selections will continue throughout the entire tryout session. At the tryout facility, the parent/guardian of the selected player and the selected player will proceed to the "Player Contract" area once the coach notifies them of their selection to a team. Players will be given a contract to sign when they’re on-site for tryouts that signals their commitments to the team. Their signature and that of their parent/guardian will be required. In addition to signing the contract, you will also receive information about the next steps you need to complete player registration with the league and club.
Our coaching staff considers four aspects of soccer when evaluating players:
For maximum exposure, players are encouraged to attend all tryout sessions. Upon completion of the final tryout session, player selection will begin. Players will be selected in order by level of play. Beginning with the most competitive team, the coach will select and contact players for verbal commitment and acceptance of a position on the team.
Once the most competitive team is complete, the process repeats with the next most competitive teams. This process takes several days and it is the goal of the coaching staff to complete the process by the Monday after tryouts. Players not selected for a team will be notified after all teams are selected and confirmed. Coaches reserve the right to offer positions to players anytime during the tryout process.